Thursday, July 03, 2008

Onward!

Running update:

Yesterday (Wedensday, July 2) was a walking only day. It felt good to not have any running because my legs were quite sore. I had stretched on Tuesday after the run but it wasn't enough- my calf muscles were in mutiny Tuesday and Wednesday.

Today was an ok run day. We did a 1 min run and 2 min walk x 10 for a total of 30 min. This was the same as Tuesday. I think the thing that hurt me today was I didn't drink enough water before hand so I was hurting for some water during the run.

Tomorrow we are going to run again (2 days in a row!!... my calf muscles don't know what's up just yet). We are going to do a gradual increase in running time- run for 2 min, walk for 1 x5 for 15 min and then run for 1 min, walk for 2 x5= grand total of 30 min. This will bring our total time of running up to 15 min. In a way, that puts us half way to our goal of running for 30 min. It's just that the goal is really to run for 30 straight min with no stops for walking. So that means adding in that next 15 min will be quite difficult. But I got a little thrill when I realized that tomorrow I will be running for 15 minutes. That's not something I've ever been able to do before. I'm holding on to small victories.

No comments: