Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's been a while...

So I thought I'd say a few words.

The last week or 2 has been fairly eventful for the Olson household with some ups and downs. Brian had a very successful conference last week. He made a lot of good contacts and his work created a lot of buzz, he said. I'm so proud. :) He can tell more about all the good stuff that came from his conference in Tuscon, but I know so little about what he does. I think you need a PhD in EE to be able to understand because he really has to "dumb it down" when he tells me his work stuff. (he does get a bit green around the gills with baby stuff so it all works out) But he did bring me a home a tiny mp3 player for me to use if I ever get to run again. :) Yea!
My sweet girl I've been so attached to at work is finally with Jesus as of Friday July 11. That was very hard- I know it was what she needed but I miss her a lot. Work has not been quite the same without her. I guess for me it's a blessing right now that we have a below average number of babies, so people are being forced to stay at home. Well, for me, they aren't going to have to twist my arm very hard. I have plenty of vacation time, and I just don't want to be there. Fantasia isn't there. I just need a healthy happy baby I can hold and love on. So that means my sister Beth needs to get moving with the whole delivery thing. She's so close to having #3. I'm hoping by the end of the week. Really she needed to have it Wednesday so I could have called in sick and not felt guilty. Thursday will work too. But I'm off Friday and Saturday, and if my sister is going to give birth then I think I should get a day off for that. I think I really just need a few mental health days.
My Aunt Betty is still hanging on. I know my family with her are all hurting so much. In a recent email from another aunt, she said that Betty is asking "Is it time yet? Can I go? When will it be over?" The whole family is hurting. I always hate to pray for death. I feel so guilty, even though I know that death will be a release for the person hurting. No person should have to live through that. I felt that way with Fantasia. I know that she would have been saying the same thing that last night. I guess the guilt comes in knowing that the person is ready to go, but no matter what I don't want them to go. I don't want them to hurt, but I want to be selfish and keep the person I love around forever. These are not new emotions or thoughts, and maybe I should get a better grip on how I deal with death considering how often I deal with it at work. I think this time was harder considering how attached to Fantasia I was. And with Aunt Betty too. Maybe it's the double whammy that is making all this so much harder this time.
so if you can't tell, I've been a little down this week. Maybe it's why I painted our bathroom last week while Brian was gone. Did I do any laundry? nope. Did I clean up the kitty litter? nope! at least Brian did the kitty litter when he got home from Tuscon. and a little laundry has been done since then, but none of it's folded. oh and there's a pile of hand wash dishes that's probably attracted every ant in the neighborhood. I'm too scared to check at this point. I've been very glad that Brian is back at home. I think we were both a little surprised at how hard it was for us to be apart for a whole week. Considering I spend a few nights a week gone, there are times when works gets in full swing that we won't see each other for a day or so, but it's not the same as being a few states away, in another time zone. Yeah, it was a rough week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your week was so rough. I understand what you are saying about death. You don't want those to suffer, but it is hard to pray for since it is permanent. Such a confusing party of life. I think it only gets more confusing the older we get.

Did you talk to Brian tonight after he talked to Josh? I hope it helped brighten your day a bit. ;)

Good luck to Beth!!!