Monday, April 06, 2009

Go Go Gadget Metabolism

So in an effort to be more accountable about working out, I'm going to attempt to post once a week about my progress and/or laziness.

Last week I worked out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and.... and... well I meant to workout more.  I really need to workout 5-6 times a week, but I can't really be too dissapointed in 3 times.

I worked out today too.  As usual it was two 30 minute sessions.  However, the heart rate monitor was having issues with transmitting/receiving, so the first 30 minutes I did on cardio mode.  It is a trapezoid of resistance.  I spent 18 minutes at level 11 resisitance, 6 minutes building up and 6 minutes building down.  The second session I was covered in enough sweat the heart monitor had no trouble doing heart rate mode.

I weighed in at 236.8 lbs.  I feel like I'm back on track on my goal of another 10 lbs.  This was only a few tenths of a lbs more than where I left off last Wednesday.  I suppose my metabolism is starting to increase.  Back in January and February any time off meant weight gain.  I was shocked last week that I really hadn't gained that much from being lazy for two weeks.  Regardless even if my metabolism is increasing, I can't count on it to keep me from gaining weight when I don't work out for stretches at a time.  It will decrease probably faster than it will increase.

I'm quite happy to be at 236.8lbs today.  This week I will get in at least 5 work outs and the result will be 232 lbs.

No comments: